Broadband for an Apartment

Homer

My son has just moved into an apartment with no landline. Can anyone advise on what are the best options for broadband for his laptop?

Thanks
Homer

Where is he living? We have UPC broadband in Dublin and it doesnt need landline and I find it grand for both browsing and movie downloads.

Ive had both o2 and vodafone mobile BB before and found them Ok for browsing, slow for downloading, tho it does depend on where you are.

Ive heard good things about Magnet as well

Thanks 123. He's in south county Dublin and he's thinking of using Digiweb.

Heard good things re UPC aswell... & for the advertised speeds, can't beat that at the moment... Wish i was able to get them where I am...

He can get UPC via the UPC connections points around the apartment. Their should be one connection point for the tv and the other one is spare. They can use the spare point to bring in the feed...If he does not have upc - upc will install and use the existing phone line connection for BB as the phone line connection is not in use.

I find them very reasonable and no issues with their connection, speeds or BB wireless router.

Unfortunately, the apartment block isn't wired for UPC. They have to use Sky for TV connection.

I just realised this is in the wrong forum. Is there any way I can move it to the correct forum?

If you are using the Sky Connection point - you still have the phone line that is not in use. UPC can use that to give you a BB connection.

Thanks to everyone else for their replies. That's really helpful.

Regards
Homer

Back