Brittany holiday advice

riddles

Hi,

I'm thinking of a holiday in Brittany - I was wondering if you could make a recommendation on a campsite near a beach. I will probably go on the ferry so wondering if you can advise on rosslare to rosscoff v Cherbourg. The kids are 8-11 so a campsite that could keep the entertained would be great. Am thinking last week in July first week in august.

Thanks

R

There are so many excellent campsites in Brittany, it's difficult to pick one. I would suggest browsing the Eurocamp or Campotel brochures for ideas. Then contact the site direct, they all speak excellent English, and negotiate a price. You will save hundreds but check that your kids can avail of the full range of activities. Roscoff is a slightly shorter crossing and is more convenient to the west coast. If you are prepared to drive a few hours more, the weather in the Vendee is more reliable.

Thanks are you familiar with the region around St Nazaire - is it a nice area, am considering now flying into Nantes as the flights are okay. We stayed in Les Sables D'Olonne before. I am not familiar with areas further up from there.

We stayed at a campsite at Penestin and La Baule was our closest big town. Nice but the weather was not kind. If you're flying into Nantes, I would avail of the opportunity to drive south as close to La Rochelle as possible as there is an invisible 'weather line' that cuts through La Rochelle. North dodgy, South better chance of sunshine. If you have stayed in Sable d'Olonne you know as much about the Vendee as I do. Head south for better weather.

Back