Bringing home AUD and converting to EURO

gargles

Hi all,

I have been working in Australia for the past two years and I have a few quid saved that I would like to bring back to Ireland for when I move home.

The AUD has never been higher give or take a few cents (0.81AUD-1E) but is beginning to slide south with all the uncertainty in the European Union.

Does anyone have an opinion on transferring AUD back to Euros? Is it a good time to do so or would you hold off since Greece are possibly leaving the Euro and the apparent run on the banks in Spain? Does anyone predict that Ireland would exit the Euro and what would happen in this situation?

Should I transfer my cash into the USD or even GBP?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I used transfermate a while back to move some AUD to EUR and found them very good. Decent rate of 0.815AUD applied and quick transfer. I have no affiliation with them, just a happy customer.

I think there are better deposit rates on offer in Australia than here also, although you should declare any interest gained to the revenue here. Also having money in AUD is a good hedge against the EUR should anything significant happen here.

Back