Brilliant win for Ireland over England

I know its not just Ireland but with such a depth of talent in the country it is disappointing that we had I think 7 ( stand to be corrected ) of the full squad born outside Ireland. Should be no need for that level as we are not a developing Rugby country.

RO'G is a yank by birth going back the years, but anyhow if they qualify they qualify. Ben Healy, Scottish International, is a native of Nenagh, Co Tipp.

I know its not just Ireland but with such a depth of talent in the country it is disappointing that we had I think 7 ( stand to be corrected ) of the full squad born outside Ireland. Should be no need for that level as we are not a developing Rugby country.
I remember a few years back Leinster were playing a Heineken Cup game against a French team. I think it was Montpellier. There was one player in the Leinster match day 23 who hadn't gone through the Leinster Academy. There was one player in the Montpellier match day 23 who had gone through their academy.
Irish Rugby develops more of its own talent that most other countries.

@Purple -It's not that ;), it's just that you have such love for the Cork people but you find it so, so, so hard to express it properly and then you become so frustrated that you can not encapsulate within words, your ovbious love of everything Cork, then that frustration manifests into the throw away comment like that above...

@Purple -It's not that ;), it's just that you have such love for the Cork people but you find it so, so, so hard to express it properly and then you become so frustrated that you can not encapsulate within words, your ovbious love of everything Cork, then that frustration manifests into the throw away comment like that above...
Yes, that must be it. :)

12 of the starting 15 on Saturday were from Leinster. Leinster have been so strong in European rugby for the last number of years. So I think Leo Cullen and the Leinster machine deserve a lot of praise.
Going to be very interesting to see what happens in Leinster and to Leo once Stuart Lancaster leaves.

Going to be very interesting to see what happens in Leinster and to Leo once Stuart Lancaster leaves.
Lancaster has been an excellent coach but the schools system and the Academy are the real point of difference in Leinster.

The Irish are warming up nicely for next weeks match with South Africa.
It should be a cracker of a match..

And Jonny, not born in America and with good Munster blood, breaks ROG's record for international points scored.
He certainly won't catch Owen Farrell, Jonny Wilkinson or Dan Carter but it's an impressive total.

Delighted for him and also for Bundi.

Thankfully the MOTM* judges were watching the same game as the rest of us last week-end. Even Peter O'Mahoney expressed surprise at receiving the award the previous week.

*MOTM - I ain't getting into Player Which-Identifies-Itself-Primarily-as-Male for the Mens' Rugby World Cup 2023 of the Match.

Last edited:
Back