Brilliant defence of the NCT on Morning Ireland

Agreed. Very competent. Well done to RSA- obviously rte programme just based on getting attention for itself and not about actual improvements in road safety

The shock absosorber issue has been well known for decades now. It is merely a test of balance between the 2 wheels on a axle.
A visual check should show leakage but i guess Gas filled shocks may not or "washed shocks" which is one way to defeat the test.

It would be interesting to hear their explanation of the variance in pass rates by test centre...
Do they see different profile vehicles \ more mileage on cars between NCTs in certain areas? If any explanation with data to support it has been given by the RSA or NCT I haven't heard it.
Why, just a few years ago, did Cahirciveen have a pass rate of 61%, while Clifden has a pass rate of only 40%?

The NCT should both be above board and seen to be above board and I don't think with variances like that - and no explanation for the variance - that it is.

It would be interesting to hear their explanation of the variance in pass rates by test centre...
Do they see different profile vehicles \ more mileage on cars between NCTs in certain areas? If any explanation with data to support it has been given by the RSA or NCT I haven't heard it.
Why, just a few years ago, did Cahirciveen have a pass rate of 61%, while Clifden has a pass rate of only 40%?
I'm not sure that this variance necessarily points to a problem. I'd expect that some centers see newer or better maintained cars than others.

Back