Bridgestone Dueler H/T Tyres. What range can I expect?

Drakon

My 2013 Toyota Hilux came with Bridgestone Dueler H/T tyres. They're currently at 41,000 km and I rotated them at 20k and again at 40k. Looking at the thread depth, I'd say I'll get to 45k. Is this good range or bad, or in-between?
The reason I ask is that I was talking to a guy a couple of years ago who had a 2010 Hilux with the same tyres. He said he got 80,000 km out of his first set. Replaced them with a cheap set that lasted no time, then went back to the Duelers again. Swore by them. But there's no way I'll see 80,000 km! Was he having me on or is my current 41,000 good going?

I got a lot more than that out of a set of General grabbers on my jeep -prob about 80k. Great tyre I am just about to get a new set of them.

Driving style plays a huge role in tyre lifespan, load will play its part too.

There are tyre comparisson/ review site like where you will get further info.

Good rule of thumb is the 4/4/4 rule - no less than 4mm thread depth, no more than 4 years old, and same 4 tyres all around.
A rule of thumb of course and no doubt people might think that it is too conservative. I think it is a reasonable rule though.

4mm tread depth? Are you mad?
A typical new tyre has 8mm and the legal limit is 1.6mm.
I assume you're selling these tyres on?
Or trading them in?

4mm tread depth? Are you mad?
A typical new tyre has 8mm and the legal limit is 1.6mm.
I assume you're selling these tyres on?
Or trading them in?

According to my latest psychological screening (done recently - part of the job), I am reasonably sane - but thanks for your concerns and the asking.
Would I replace the tyres there and then if they profile depth is below that? No, I wouldn't. I would however start thinking about replacing them.

I assume you have never done any driving course that would cover things like impact of worn tyres or thread depth?
As soon as you have wet roads, and/or temperatures below 7 degrees, you will experience the difference.

Back