Breaking mortgage conditions maternity leave

Parazard2

Hello,
I am currently pregnant and will be on maternity leave next year. I am considering switching mortgage product (staying with the same lender) as doing so would save me about E400 and would only mean opening a new bank account (with lower fees than my current one). However the conditions for this new mortgage package is that I should have my salary mandated to be paid in the bank account. Because I will be on maternity leave and am hoping to extend it beyond the 6 months paid, would not having any salary paid into it represent a breach of this condition? Should I ask the mortgage person at the bank (and can I trust what they will tell me), or best not say anything to them about my being pregnant?

Thanks in advance

Hi
I have a mortgage and reduced rate based on bank account with same bank. I opened this account maybe two years ago.
Last year I went on maternity leave and also took unpaid leave. The bank never raised this with me.
I continued to use the account as normal.
Once I started being paid again wages came in as normal.
I would think they want your business and that's the reason for the discount so as long as when you do get paid, it goes into it.
Also I applied for a mortgage last year and it was approved in principle but wouldn't be formally approved until I returned to work so they may take the same view on switching.
Hope this helps.

Back