Breaking a fixed term deposit saving

athene_niu

I have a 15 months fixed term deposit saving in KBC bank, but I need the money before the maturity date.
Is there a way I can get the money ? Or normally what would be considered as an exceptional circumstance ?
Thanks your help in advance.

KBC have a few different term deposit products.

What is the title of your term deposit product?

Did it offer 25% penalty fee withdrawals? some KBC products do.

When does your 15 month term expire?

Exceptional circumstances normally means an exceptional life event. A big sob story.

The best thing to do would be to ring KBC and ask. I am not aware of a 15 month account that they offer, however most of their fixed term accounts for greater than 12 months allow a withdrawal of 25% of the balance without penalty. If you want to close the account completely they will probably allow this but you would lose most if not all of your accumulated interest.

Sorry, I made it wrong, it is a 14 months Fix term Deposit Account (allow 25% withdraw) not a 15 months.
The maturity date is on Nov, but I need the money on Sep.
I called them, seems purchasing a property is not a good reason to get the money :(

Sorry, I made it wrong, it is a 14 months Fix term Deposit Account (allow 25% withdraw) not a 15 months.

Okay, so you can get 25% of the money now.

The maturity date is on Nov, but I need the money on Sep.

Are you closing on the property now? Is the mortgage going to be with KBC?

I called them, seems purchasing a property is not a good reason to get the money :(

Exactly. As I said, it needs to be a big sob story. "I need to buy a house" is not a sob story.

Back