Bray - any new developments

mprsv1000

Hi There

Does anyone know of proposed new housing developments in Bray. I would not be in a position to complete till this time next year and as such would be interested in buying of plan and putting down a deposit until then

Re: Bray (new developments)

Are you familiar with the Bray area? Some areas are seriously dodgy. If you are not from Bray, you should talk to someone who knows the good/bad areas before you commit to anything

If you wish to discuss Bray you may do so in LLL but please dont use the forum for general developments. Mortgages and Home buying would be a better forum.

Are you familiar with the Bray area? Some areas are seriously dodgy. If you are not from Bray, you should talk to someone who knows the good/bad areas before you commit to anything

There are dodgy places everywhere, not just in Bray! Check out . There is a major (2bn) development planned for Bray that is worth looking at although it will be some time yet before they start construction.

Yes there are bad areas in Bray, just like in every large town in Ireland. Most of it is fine though.

There are 4 "luxury" apartments currently being built on the Killarney road, can't remember the name of the development or the estate agent, it's near St. Fergals church though if you want to drive by it.

I saw that another new development get a mention in the paper - maybe the Sunday Tribune or the Times last friday, can't for the life of me remember the name of it, something romantic sounding like "riverbrook", built on the banks of the dargle anyway!

sorry for those vague references, if anything else comes back to me I'll let you know! There's a lot of new development in Greystones and Kilcoole if you wanted to go a bit further south?

apparently that development is called "Riversdale", it's just off the N11 beside the "La Vallee" development. I think there's around 100 apartments, they may be going on sale this month. None of this is confirmed so if anyone else has any other info I'd be interested to hear it

I live in La Vallee right beside Riversdale. When I bought it, most were owner occupiers, now it seems to me that most appartments there are rented out. The grounds are lovely with mature trees, the river and picnic areas and it's pretty well kept -the management fees are approx €2,000 pa for a 3 bed appartment owner - so the grounds would want to be looking well at that rate! It's situated about 20 mins walk, 2-3 mins drive from Bray, but its a dark eerie road to walk up on dark winter evenings. Overall, a nice place to live in Bray.

Yes mainly apartments would be the only new developments in the town, theres new ones currently being built on the main st and large 5bed houses called wyvern also. Check hjbyrne estate agents for the apartments and google wyvern for info. Apart from that alot of new houses in greystones/delgany and kilcoole areas.

There was an application not too long ago to build a new town centre with shops, apartments, townhouses etc. between Shankill and Bray, very close to Shanganagh Cemetery. I believe the application was refused but no doubt a revised application will be put in to the Council at some stage. As far as I recall the developers were Castlethorn but I could be wrong, you could try contacting them if the area interests you.

Back