Boy A is now an Adult - why can't he be identified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeslaTim

Hi I know this guy cannot be identified and I'm not looking for him to be..but curious to know why or under what law is he not allowed to be !.especially now that he is an adult and has been moved to an adult prison. Why is he being treated different to a defendant who committed a similar crime at 18.

Probably so that the independent can't do a daily diatribe against him the way it seems to do about anyone and everyone in order to deal out justice their way

But most likely because he was a juvenile when he was convicted and you can't be changing goalposts.

My initial answer seems to be the more correct answer.
Due to the potential of vilification and shaming by the media and the assumption that the child was immature at the time of the criminal act and to ensure the best chance of rehabilitation, it is not permitted to name them unless a court gives specific permission.
Whilst this is from the UK, it is similar here.

Basically it is to protect them from the likes of the daily mail, Indo and Sunday world.

My initial answer seems to be the more correct answer.
Due to the potential of vilification and shaming by the media and the assumption that the child was immature at the time of the criminal act and to ensure the best chance of rehabilitation, it is not permitted to name them unless a court gives specific permission.
Whilst this is from the UK, it is similar here.

Basically it is to protect them from the likes of the daily mail, Indo and Sunday world.
So it's important to protect criminals from being exposed for what they did. If the newspapers are doing, or going to do something you consider wrong, then they'll be sued. Surely it's in the public interest to know who those people are?

So it's important to protect criminals from being exposed for what they did. If the newspapers are doing, or going to do something you consider wrong, then they'll be sued. Surely it's in the public interest to know who those people are?
It's the way the Indo and mail do it. Way way over the top. I'm a believer that the courts are well able to give appropriate sentences and it doesn't need second rate media using it as click bait

It's the way the Indo and mail do it. Way way over the top. I'm a believer that the courts are well able to give appropriate sentences and it doesn't need second rate media using it as click bait
Ok, understand.

Look at what happened in England in relation to Venables and Thompson post-conviction of the murder of James Bulger.
We would not want a repeat of that carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back