Boundary Wall

DebraC

I know this question has been asked a million times (at least), but I cannot get the definitive answer I need. I did email Waterford County Council who just messaged me back the regulations (that I already have). I'm looking for an interpretation of the regulation in relation to building a boundary wall on the side of my house.

So, I want to build a boundary wall, along the side of my house to the front of my property (front garden) where it meets the footpath. I KNOW it is 2m along the rear wall and 'side' of my house. BUT, is the 'side' of my house a continuation of this wall (which would be 2m) to the front (footpath), where I would put a pillar. OR, does the wall need to drop to 1.2m from where the front of my house starts (even though the wall is still on the SIDE of my house). I was interpreting the 'front' of my house to be a front wall (i.e. one that is parallel to the front of my house), not on the side (even though at some point the 2m side wall would be in line in front of the house (even though it is a side / boundary wall). Why is nobody else confused about this? Can anyone clarify whether the FRONT of your house (in relation to this) is parallel to the front of your house (i.e. parallel to the footpath / road), or anything that is in the line which extends past the point that would be further than the front wall of your house). Thank you!!

Please edit your thread title to make it more meaningful. This will help you get a better response.

Back