Boundary Wall needed who is responsible?

Monsoon

Hi
A corner house in a housing estate which has been taken in charge - built about 30 years ago. The house is at the junction of two busy estate roads. Current boundary is overgrown leylandii trees which now need to be removed as they are not safe. The other houses in the estate have a boundary wall but this one hasnt - seeing as it borders a road on two sides is there any chance of the Council giving any money towards building a boundary wall or fence? Just wondering if anyone has any idea? Or is it solely down to the houseowner?

My instinct would tell me that it is down to the house owner as the Council would be only responsible for the common areas.

I'd say chances of any money is slim to none. But you have to ask to see for sure. Householder will get the benefit so they should think of that when they eventually have to fork out themselves.

Actually if you ask the council you draw attention to yourself and then they might tell you not to cut down the trees !

Is it possible that the reason there is no wall there in the 1st place, is to give better sightlines at the corner of the road. ie a safety issue ?

Back