Boundary not registered - issue

jtk

Hello & Happy New Year, Boardsies,
My MIL passed away in July & we're about to be granted Probate.
We're putting her property up for sale & have hit a problem.
Circa 197/8 there was a CPO of land at the rear of hers & her neighbors property by the local council.
When looking at the folio on LandRegistry.ie it shows that the rear boundary has never been regularised or signed over to the council & therefore still appears to be part of my MIL's estate.
I rang the local planning department at the council to discuss this & was told 'as it was XX years ago & a CPO we can only deal with a solicitor'.
Our solicitor sent a letter 20th Nov. but told us it will take time to sort out as both councils & Land Registry are very slow over this sort of thing.
Has anyone dealt with this sort of thing before & can offer any advice please?
Thanks in advance

Hi, The house & land (from uncle) I inherited actually went into my parents back garden! We had to write to Land Registry, we needed to get ID forms stamped, affidavits- signed by both parties agreeing to give the land to my parents, ordanence maps where we marked out what the official boundary should be. Made a few mistakes along the way but got their in the end ourselves, without any solicitor. seems it might take a while as you will probably need both parties to agree in writing,and then boundary to be updated. Br

Reactions: jtk
Tom, thank you for your response, glad you got sorted out in the end.

Back