Boundary dispute

Caz2023

Hi all..can anyone please advise us..our house was sale agreed but when we ordered the maps it shows our neighbours house boundry is coming through our living room..they are deceased..left no will so there is no one who owns the house…therefore no one can sign a deed of rectification for us..we have now lost the sale of our house as our solicitor didn’t know what to do…we’re we extremely dissatisfied how they handled it…they were clueless in what to do and they are also the solicitors for the house attached to ours..we were gutted and also lost the house we were buying as they wouldn’t wait any longer…has anyone ever been in this situation and what did you do?? Also the old man is dead over 2 years now and house still not sorted..Thanking ye all in advance

Hi all..can anyone please advise us..our house was sale agreed but when we ordered the maps it shows our neighbours house boundry is coming through our living room..they are deceased..left no will so there is no one who owns the house…therefore no one can sign a deed of rectification for us..we have now lost the sale of our house as our solicitor didn’t know what to do…we’re we extremely dissatisfied how they handled it…they were clueless in what to do and they are also the solicitors for the house attached to ours..we were gutted and also lost the house we were buying as they wouldn’t wait any longer…has anyone ever been in this situation and what did you do?? Also the old man is dead over 2 years now and house still not sorted..Thanking ye all in advance

Surely the solicitor who acted for you when you purchased your house should have noticed this? Which house is older, or were they constructed at the same time?

Hi thanks no we bought house 30 years ago 2 houses are joined together with over 100 years..engineer owned up saying it was their mistake…house sold garden 2 neighbours behind us that’s why his house got a new map drawn with boundry about 15 years ago

This happened to my parents some years ago. They got an affidavit from previous owners to confirm the boundary, they also got the 'owner' of the adjoining land to confirm.

Then they discovered that legal owner of the land was in fact the supposed owners long dead parents. They got an affidavit from each of the deceased's children. It took about 9 months if I remember correctly.

Maybe try to find a solicitor who has experience and settle in for a long campaign. You will get there eventually.

Surely the solicitor who acted for you when you purchased your house should have noticed this? Which house is older, or were they constructed at the same time?
This happened to my parents some years ago. They got an affidavit from previous owners to confirm the boundary, they also got the 'owner' of the adjoining land to confirm.

Then they discovered that legal owner of the land was in fact the supposed owners long dead parents. They got an affidavit from each of the deceased's children. It took about 9 months if I remember correctly.

Maybe try to find a solicitor who has experience and settle in for a long campaign. You will get there eventually.
Thank you…yes the deceased had no kids..just seems so unfair our dreams are shattered because of an engineers error but now it is a legal document…I can’t but feel a bit bitter about it all

Thank you…yes the deceased had no kids..just seems so unfair our dreams are shattered because of an engineers error but now it is a legal document…I can’t but feel a bit bitter about it all

If no one owns the vacant house then have you considered squatting in it?

I'm not sure how the thing works, but if you squat in it for about twenty years then it's yours! :p Problem solved!

Last edited:
Back