Bought unreliable MG ZR14 : any comeback with dealer?

Totto

Hi, all..

I have bought an MG ZR 14 days ago and so far its been back to the garage twice,the first day i went to get the car the brakes failed and the lights didnt work also the SRS light wa on, so i couldnt collect the car this day, they brought the car over to me the next day and the horn didnt work so back it went again.

Now the car Rev's on its own up to 3000 Rev's when im at traffic lights and the brakes hardle work, i nearly hit someone yesterday because of themand when i jammed on the the light came back on ( SRS).

The garage has said that they will not refund my money, is this right considering the problems??

Re: my car

Hi, all..

I have bought an MG ZR 14 days ago and so far its been back to the garage twice,the first day i went to get the car the brakes failed and the lights didnt work also the SRS light wa on, so i couldnt collect the car this day, they brought the car over to me the next day and the horn didnt work so back it went again.

Now the car Rev's on its own up to 3000 Rev's when im at traffic lights and the brakes hardle work, i nearly hit someone yesterday because of themand when i jammed on the the light came back on ( SRS).

The garage has said that they will not refund my money, is this right considering the problems??

Try this site http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Learning_Zone/Guides_To_Consumer_Law/Buying_a_Car/

Re: Mg Zr +!!

I think you have to give them the opportunity to fix it. if thats not achieved you can then demand a replacement, not a refund. Thats me guessing, I don't know the exact laws that cover it. I think my point is don't assume you're entitled to a refund.

they already fixed the brakes (twice), when i went to test drive the car they didnt work and when i went to collect it i got around the corner and they failed again, then last night they didnt work and i nearly hit a bus..

Consult a good solicitor. Get a full refund. That car sounds lethal.

I would definately get onto a good solicitor on this. Unfortunately these cars have a bad name.Ask any mechanic and they wouldn`t touch it.. Sorry..

Contact SIMI and see what they have to say???

thanks, they took the car back yesterday so ill see what they say about it today!!

Re: Bought unreliable MG ZR+ : any comeback with dealer?

yeah thats true, but i didnt think garages where like private sales!!

yeah true, the garage has given me a replacement car for the moment, they can not tell me when i will have it back or what is wrong.. :(

yep its nicer, ah the car they gave me smells like a dead body inside, all the doors dont open from the inside and the back seats are torn to bits... :(.. they knew what they were doing given me the car.. My car is going for a pre NCT brake test today so hopefully that'll go ok and ill have it back.. :)

What's actually happenng with the brakes? Is the brake pedal going to the floor or is it becoming "hard to press" with little or no braking effect?

Back