bought shop soiled couches - refund/replacement??

carrighead

hi,

i hope that someone can give me some advice about this, very sorry about the long read!

we have just received delivery of a 3 + 2 seater couch, the 3 seater was shop soiled, the wooden legs were chiped and dented and the couch smudged with dirt. The 2 seater was wrapped up fairly tight and was in good condition.

we put down a deposit on them at xmas thinking that we would be in our new house fairly soon, the sales man said that there was no problem storing the couches until mid march, he actually boasted that the owner had a huge storeroom, we asked what if things were delayed and he said don't worry.

so we went on our merry way, we got a phone call around mid march asking were we comming to pick them up; we asked would it be possible for them to store them for another couple of weeks. he said that the boss was looking to sell them but reluctantly he said ok.

we went in and paid the balance off of them 3 weeks ago and they were delivered yesterday.

we never agreed to buying shop soiled goods, and now we can't find the receipt - will that matter? and how do i go about getting the couches that i paid for? am i entitled to a refund or replacement or anything?

thanks for reading

Did you buy a shopfloor model?

Could the dirt and chipped legs have happened from them being inadeqately stored?

If I bought new, I would expect new, 100% and not the shopfloor model. Contact them as soon as possible and get them to send out their inspector. Depending on the damage, you should either push for a replacement or a discount on the couch.

You need to get back to them and insist on someone coming out to look at them. Perhaps they were damaged in transit, did you not check before you signed to accept them?

Back