Bought a new smart TV from Harvey Norman was fixed twice in 5 months

athene_niu

I've bought a new LG smart TV from Harvey Norman around end of June, which cost 1400 euro.
I just watched a few times, and it had a problem with the HDMI plugin on Oct, after contact Harvey Norman,they got it fixed, but after one month, the TV got new issue, I can't turn on the TV.
I feel very bad, is anything I can do to get a new TV , or where I can make a complain about it ?
Also they agreed to give a free smart TV remote controller. But it has been half year, I haven't received it yet.

I feel very bad,

Yes it is terrible when some thing you bought doesnt work but i would feeling ticked off to be honest and demand my rights. Id go back to Harvey Norman and ask to speak to a manager and demand a new one, perhaps with some goodwill thrown in as this situation is unacceptable. bring all your proof/dates etc with you but let them out of your hand!!! Read up on your rights as a consumer before you go into the shop preparing yourself.

The product is obviously defective and not up to the purpose for which you purchased it. You need to be a little assertive (without being nasty) and demand a resolution. I have personally found Harvey Norman excellent to buy and negotiate with so I would be positive for a good result.
As a side issue, I too bought an LG TV a couple of years ago, standard TV speakers were terrible and were unusable after a very short time. I use a different sound output system so I was not bothered day to day, but I will never buy LG again as this is third and last defective product I bought from this manufacturer.

Back