Both showers stopped working

cbruen1

Hi - I live in Beaumont and have 2 instant electric showers (both Triton T90 si) one upstairs and one downstairs. We've been having our water cut off at 6 and coming back at 12 the next day for the past couple of weeks. This has been fine as we've been working around it and the tank has been filling up during the day.

However about 3 days ago the upstairs shower stopped workin, making a whirring noise with very litle water coming through. Then the downstairs one went a day later. The strange thing is that there is water in the attic tank, last night I checked it and it was full. The council website says the water pressure in Collins Avenue and Ballymun will be down for a few days this week, but surely if my attic tank is full the shower should work?

Does the outside mains water pressure affect the showers even if the tank is full?

If they're airlocked how do I clear this?

TIA.

This happened to me after the water was turned off and it was an air lock. Take off the shower head and turn the water to cold. Turn on the shower and suck really hard on the hose. Be prepared for a mouthful of water!
I know it sounds funny but I watched it being done with mine and it worked

Try taking the shower head off the riser and hold it near to the ground then turn on the shower.The water should then come on in a few seconds.At least that's what my shower manual said and its worked for me twice this week.

Hello CBRUEN1, I did something similar to Sandrad and Vandriver. 1 - I removed the shower head and layed the hose as horizontal as i could. 2 - I ran cold water through the shower on low flow and gradually turned the dial to hot water and it was back in action again, When it warmed up I went from low flow to mid flow and then high flow, hope this helps, Salaried.

Back