Boru Croi Beag Stoves.

thanks a mill!! let me know how u get on and what their customer service is like!!!

Hi OP, we have the Carraig Mor 30KW with back boiler in a new build. Our house is airtight as we have a heat recovery system and I have to say, the heat out from this is just unreal. We have oil back-up but havent used it in 9 months. Heats 18 radiators and is extremely fuel effecient. We have a Boru room heater stove, a Carraig Beag, in the dining room (we have big open fireplaces in both rooms) and its perfect. cant believe the difference the airwash system makes to the glass, but the fuel efficiency is what does it for us. We bought both of ours in Carrick-on-Shannon , and found them very good to deal with.

wow... so delighted to hear that .... we have gone ahead and purchased the stove ...we got the boru carraig mor 20kw and only have 11 rads to heat so hopefully we have as much success as u did laneybaby... time will tell.. it gets installed next week!! we have oil too but decided to go down the solid fuel route as oil is so expensive!! thanks a mill for the feedback :)

Hi OP, we have the Carraig Mor 30KW with back boiler in a new build. Our house is airtight as we have a heat recovery system and I have to say, the heat out from this is just unreal. We have oil back-up but havent used it in 9 months. Heats 18 radiators and is extremely fuel effecient. We have a Boru room heater stove, a Carraig Beag, in the dining room (we have big open fireplaces in both rooms) and its perfect. cant believe the difference the airwash system makes to the glass, but the fuel efficiency is what does it for us. We bought both of ours in Carrick-on-Shannon , and found them very good to deal with.

Hi Laneybaby - I want to do similar set up to you. Is your carrig mor boiler stove very near the cylinder? My situation is the stove will be over 10meters away and the plumber view (along with stove salesman in Murphy Heating) says its too far away and would only be counterproductive. They both recommned put in a non boiler stove instead and use oil boiler to heat the 18 or so radiators and hot water.
Which type of HRV unit did you put in?

I didnt want to use oil at all but looks like i will be.

Hi laneybaby.
We also have a 30kw C Mor...any tips on what to burn in it? I am having trouble keeping all the rads hot for prolonged periods.
Also have you had the chimney swept since it went in??

Thanks
Mike

Carraig mor 20kw

wow... so delighted to hear that .... we have gone ahead and purchased the stove ...we got the boru carraig mor 20kw and only have 11 rads to heat so hopefully we have as much success as u did laneybaby... time will tell.. it gets installed next week!! we have oil too but decided to go down the solid fuel route as oil is so expensive!! thanks a mill for the feedback :)

Was looking at the same 20kw stove today - was hoping for info from you on how it`s working for you since installed for this winter tks

The Carraig Mor Stove

hi all,We have been looking at these Boru stoves - the 20kw in particular - was hoping someone had some info on how there working (good or bad)also how much anybody paid for the 20kw one,want to work 11 rads off it and was also looking at the insert version but it abit pricy @ €1690

anyone with esse 350 inset stove?

Was considering installing an Esse 350 inset multi fuel (including back boiler).Wondering if anyone has one and what they think of it. Basket looks very big. Does it take a lot of "feeding" to keep it running? Would it be less efficient than a stove which would come out into the room? Any cleaning to be done on inside of it.?....somebody mentioned cleaning with a wire brush? Sound like hard work!

Thanks for any help in advance.

Boru stoves

Nice stoves , I purchased and fitted a Carrigbeag 8kw with no boiler last autumn.
The Carrigbeag is a steel plate fabricated unit as against cast iron common in most stoves. This gives it very clean contemporary lines. The door has a great big glass window that stays remarkably clean (best I have ever seen) and I have looked into quite a few stoves in my time. The grate in my opinion is the ideal size & shape wide and not too deep ideal for long logs or turf . You can stock it up and sit back.
Output is top notch.

There are however a few shortcomings with this particular model.
The riddling system is ineffective for about 2 thirds of the grate. Boru could do worst than look at how Stanley mastered this in the superstar (may cost a few bob more but it would be well worth it )
The riddling linkage (operated thru a crude little handle badly positioned at the bottom RHS of the unit) also tends to stick and. Also those lovely shiney handles and knobs get very hot !

stoves ??????

Any advise would be welcome. We are hoping to replace a open fire which has an existing back boiler with a stove with a boiler. We have a number of issues if we put in a free standing stove.

1. I want it to be set back into the fireplace - I know excavation work would have to be done to make it fit. We would need a area aprox 36"H x 36"W x 24D to take the Carriag Mor 30K

2. Existing chimney has a flue gatherer at aprox 29" from the grate. This would need to be removed and a lintel or something put in higher up. I am told that the flue gatherer is holding up a lot of sand and it would be a big job to remove it.

3. I think the inset boiler/stoves have not enough output to heat the rads and the room. we have been told that the max output to the room from an inset would be aprox 2kw (seems very low)

4. When counting rads does double rads count as two? If so we have 6 double rads & 7 single rads, that would be 19 rads. That is my reasoning for looking at the Carriag More 30k.w.

Thanks in advance, any advise would be welcome.

Boru 30kw

hi guys im new on here and notice this thread goes back to 2010 so it may be abandoned by now but here goes anyway - maybe some one can help me.

I've heard that these stoves are excellent for heat output
Has anyone had this particular stove installed for more than 5 years and how is it going ?
My brother had a look at it and commented that there is only a single skin to the front of the stove and im wondering how will this hold up to the intense heat output of coal etc
I note that a previous poster said that there is a 10 year guarantee on the stove and 6 on the boiler??
my concern is mainly the mileage in the single skin to the front and that the boiler is fully welded into the stove and im wondering if its a case that if or when the boiler needs replacing can it be replaced or will it be necessary to replace the entire stove.
If there is anyone here that can advise because i have my heart set on it for its simple design and the amount of radiators its meant to heat (18 rads) its impressive on paper - can someone ease my mind as its quite an investment

Boru Stove 900i (600i)

Hi Wigwammer, just wondering how are you getting on with the 600i Boru Stove - we are very close to ordering a 900i and I just found your comment on it. Delighted to hear its good but you post is now a few months old and just wondering - and did they sort out the whistling sound? Or if anyone else has got a comment on it I would be delighted to hear from you.

600i Boru Stove

Hi Babybunting

We have a 600i Boru Stove, best thing I ever bought, Looks great when lit, heat is excellent, cant wait for winter

You should have no problems

Hi. I am intersted in changing to a stove or insert from a fire place. My fireplace is wooden surround with cast iron insert with tiles. I have been given conflicting advice regarding retaining the surround from different companies. If I do take the existing fireplace out what are my options for the insert. Do I have to put in another surround ? The room is around16ft in size with two doors.

Hi Babybunting

We have a 600i Boru Stove, best thing I ever bought, Looks great when lit, heat is excellent, cant wait for winter

You should have no problems

Hi Mr Tayto,

Do you have the 600i with a boiler? I'm currently looking for an inset stove with a boiler and really like the 600i. If its the boiler option you have have many rads are running off it? Does it heat them up fully?

Thanks.

Boru Croi Beag Stoves

Hi all,

I am in the market for buying an inset stove and the Boru Croi Beag caught my eye -Installation and cost suits my ability and budget.

I visited a show room in Little Island Co Cork and they seemed reluctant to sell this stove.

They were pushing an alternative inset stove quoting reliability issues with the Croi Beag -possible ulterior motives!!

Has anyone bought one of these Croi beag stoves and if so when and any issues?

Thanks in advance

Back