Bord Gas and Airtricity switches

It is worth the switch to Airtricity if you are interested in saving money, their customer service has improved alot over the last while. If you write to Airtricity and they do not reply to you within 5 working days they will credit your account by €20. The best discounts are to be got from the Airtricity door to door reps, I switched with them which was hassel free and im saving up to 17%. I'v had no problems with them. The trick to saving money with any company is to switch supplier yearly to get the best deals so i will be switching in the next few months to whoever offers me the best deal. I found it was better to switch rather than to stay with the ESB because i had the opportunity to save money for a year and they will offer me a good rate to sign back up with them. Its good healthy competition which was missing for a long time here.

So how long have you been working the doors for Airtricity then?

Hi Theresa; Why do you recommend Flogas? I'm seriously considering moving away from them.

I rang up flogas as I was reviewing my providers and they were able to give me a discount from their standard rate. Now they couldnt say how long the discount will be applied, so I will keep an eye on the bills. Though would really like if they have online accounts (rather than paper)

S.

I was on their introductory offer until October. Only when I called them did I learn that my new rate was going to be 25% higher than I had been paying. They did offer to reduce that new rate by 7% to €0.04827 per Kwh (exc. VAT).

Out of curiousity, I called later and pretended to be a new customer. They offered €0.04414 (exc. VAT) for six months and then would go to their standard rate of €0.05167.

We use a lot of gas in our house so it makes sense for me to move to Airtricity. Their discounted rate for 12 months make it attractive even though their service charge is much higher that Flogas.

Last edited:
Had a call to the door by two young men from Airtrricity. There initial selling point was that they had got many calls from people in the area re high level of electricity bills. I found them extremely forceful in their approach and eventually i had to more or less tell them to go.

Back