Boot of car keeps opening 6 mths old!

C

cheque

Hi

I have a Passat tdi which is less than 6 months old and the boot keeps opening, mostly at night for some reason :confused: . I have it booked it for a new part. However this week it has become more frequent and with the weather we are having the boot is destroyed by the rain. Im afraid it will become mouldy and smelly.

What am I entitled from the garage in regards to the damage the rain will do or has done to my boot.

Thanks for reading this post

Your entitled to get the car back the way you bought it, ie. lock fixed, Carpet valeted in boot and car dried out, Replacement car if you wanted while your off the road.

Ok thanks were do I go to find out my rights i.e. just in case I need proof.

Hi

I have a Passat tdi which is less than 6 months old and the boot keeps opening, mostly at night for some reason :confused: . I have it booked it for a new part. However this week it has become more frequent and with the weather we are having the boot is destroyed by the rain. Im afraid it will become mouldy and smelly.

What am I entitled from the garage in regards to the damage the rain will do or has done to my boot.

OOPS. Hit the wrong button. Apologies.

Hi

cheque,

Do you have a boot release button on your central locking remote control ? The reason I ask is that I had the same problem on occasion with a Lexus I had 6/7 years ago and it was because the boot sensor was very sensitive and when I threw my keys down at night the boot would sometimes open !

Yes I do have a boot release button on the keypad, but I don't think its affecting it because I've looked out at 3 or 4 in the morning and it would be open and it would have been shut when I went to bed!

does your boot release switch on the boot lid itself have a rubber style switch, came across one the other day on a new passat when we removed the switch found it was full of water causing it to short out and open the boot intermittently,same kinda of problem as u are having

Having same problem with an '03 Passat, bought 4 mths ago - yep just outside the warranty :-( So I googled on the problem and found this page. Any one found a definite solution?
ford jedi - my boot lid switch has a rubber cover so gonna try that later today. Co-incidently the boot opens mostly in the morning time... when it is damp? I'll reply later. Thanks

From [broken link removed] re. new passats:

'self opening boot lid due to fault with locking ECU in drivers door (common problem) by March 2007 the parts needed to fix this were on back order and some cars off the road awaiting parts'

Your delaer should be aware of this problem.

Back