Book - The Money Doctor

Raul

Tried searching AAM for this but it just returned a blank page. I have already read Eddie Hobbs Loot and found it very good for a novice like me. Has anybody here read The Money Doctor? If so, what did you think of it? I want to avoid reading it if it is not worthwhile. Thanks.

I haven't read the book, but I have heard John Lowe aka The Money Doctor a number of times on Pat Kenny's Radio Show. To be honest, I have found his "advice" on tax and some other issues to be quite erratic and unreliable.

I have the Money Doctor (and I also bought it last year) I find it very useful as a reference book, rather than cover to cover read

Family Finance 2008 by Colm Rapple would be well worth looking at. €12 most book shops.

Don't the Sunday Business Post often summarise the key points from John Lowe's book at some point during the year?

I think he writes an article in Life magazine of Sunday Indo every now and again which I always find interesting (it usually on unusual enough financial topics).

You're correct. The one with the anomalous pictures of scantily clad babes. I think the SBPost publishes some of Alan Moore's (?) advice after all and I was just confusing the two (Alan and John - not Alan and the babes).

Back