Boiler replacement in Dublin

Re: Vokera Boiler

Had the same problem with vokera boiler. On inspecting it one of the welds in the heat exchanger had cracked resulting in a leak. Vokera tried to tell me it was because we lived in a hard water area but I insisted the weld had failed and eventually they replaced it. Its very important to add an inhibitor to the system to prevent internal corrosion and limescale build up.

I agree with the inhibitor comment. But if u are changing ur heat exchanger due to sludge and scale builup in ur system then u really need to power flush and cleanse the system first. Just adding inhibitor will not work as the shiny new heat exchanger now becomes the weakest point in the system and acts like a magnet for all the scale and sludge.

hi
have vokera mynute 16e
cant locate the filling loop valve.
the return and flow pipes go straight into the wall on 90 degree elbows immediately below the boiler.

We only bought the house two years ago, trouble started when i tried to bleed air from the radiators (at the rads themselves) as one wasnt working due to being airlocked, the pressure dropped to zero on the boiler. ive had no problems up until now.

I know im looking for a silver flexi pipe with a moveable valve on it, removed the screws on the dial interface and lowered it, could see all the pipework, the red overflow switch, etc, saw a silver flexi pipe that has no tap type valve on it at all.

How in the name of all that is holy am I supposed to refill the system?

we checked the hot press and the attic and cant find anything.

your advice is much appreciated.

cheers!

Back