BOI Visa Dr card - 2 weeks without card to get it??

aoc

Rang BOI this morning about changing my laser card to a visa debit card - i am informed that i will have to wait 2 weeks without any bank card in order to get it.... is this anyway normal??????

so everytime i need cash or to pay i have to go in and queue for money - surely this is a bit ridic!

Why can't you just keep using your Laser card until the new card is issued? Is your card due to expire?

That is, unless you're reporting it as damaged/lost/stolen in order to *force* a Visa Debit issue, then naturally you'ld have to wait without one if the Laser is cancelled for whatever reason.

I'm in the same boat. Lost laser card 3 wks ago today - I rang BOI and informed them, they said no problem in fact they would issue me a debit card instead as they're moving people off laser, charge me €6 and it would take between 6 - 8 working days. I'm now using my VISA card the past 3 weeks and still no sign of the new debit card.

Card is not due to expire - but i don't have a credit card (cut it up long ago), but need cr card to book things etc and thought this would be a handy way to kill two birds etc...

they seem to b very slow with issuing them.... i think 2 weeks is slightly excessive tho!

Back