BOI Tracker

Good point
That might result in court action by BOI
Which could be won by the customer

Reminds me of a question I asked here recently: why no court cases?

I recall hearing Ross Maguire announced he was taking Aib to court

But Aib must have conceded soon after because within weeks they announced a big review and if I recall correctly the central bank then announced their investigation.

I've never found the "helpline" helpful in any shape or form Suppose what's another 4 weeks after waiting this long. Thank you for sharing this information here

I am not affected by this so I suppose it is easy to talk but I think that if I were wrongly denied a tracker and B of I were not dealing with me I would simply stop paying my mortgage.

Over the years of frustration I have been tempted to take this course of action, but on reflection I don't think it wise. Being in arrears gives the bank another reason to poke you in the eye. I don't think they work in a rational way which would allow the logic of ... 'if you fleece me, I'll fleece you'.

Keep up your payments and you can keep up the moral, financial and ethical high ground.

Over the years of frustration I have been tempted to take this course of action, but on reflection I don't think it wise. Being in arrears gives the bank another reason to poke you in the eye. I don't think they work in a rational way which would allow the logic of ... 'if you fleece me, I'll fleece you'.

Keep up your payments and you can keep up the moral, financial and ethical high ground.

I agree with everything you say.

But if I had a bad credit rating already, it would be hard to resist, it would force them to engage at least. Right now all we have is the nohelp line and meaningless letters.

Hi Folks

I tried the not so helpful line again yesterday in BOI . Spoke to a different person this time . No update ..... Couldn't tell me if I was included ..... If I have not received a letter in 5/6 weeks .... call back and make a complaint about a letter I don't know if I should have got in the first place .... Laughable .... I do know from sources inside the Bank that they need to cut costs substantially as there revenue v costs are close to 60% and need to be under 50% . Hence the delays .... Will let you know if any further update

hi guys,
I received a phone call back in 2016 to say the have put me back on a tracker , which they did and it was followed by 2 letters stating that my account was identified as a missed tracker opportunity. Since then I have heard nothing from the bank. No sign of refunding me for over payment or any compensation. So they have admitted there in the wrong but cant seem to get on with it an give back my money .
Looks like most of ye guys are trying to get letters from them ?

The heading on the front page of yesterday’s Irish Daily Mail was Tracker Scandal.
I missed the article and would like to know what it said.
Have you read it ?

It referred to a number of UB related stories following their fiasco at the Finance Committee.

Daily mail very keen to get personal stories as are thejournal I understand

We need the BoI customers to tell their stories. The Bank has been brazen in their abuse to their customers in a very Boucher- esque fashion. Am I right in thinking a lot of those affected are staff.. Is that maybe why people are afraid to tell their stories?

I have spoken already ,article in Dailymail months ago.
Tell me who else to talk too. Blue in the face, constantly emailing back and forth as I know many staff @ ex staff are.
Boi continue to do what they like.

Back