BOI suspicious activity

cremeegg

I have received a text message from BOI saying "your BOI Card has been used for a suspicious transaction recently. Please go to 'link' as soon as possible to review the transaction. "

Ignoring the link I logged on to my BOI account through the normal website, there is no mention of a suspicious activity and looking at recent transactions nothing I do not recognise.

I then clicked the link and a screen appeared that looks like the real thing looking for User ID and DOB. I stopped there.

Does anyone know if this is likely to be a scam.

Jazz01

BOI will not send you a text with a link to a login screen.

Ideally, you shouldn't have clicked the link itself in the text message, best to just delete the text message...

cremeegg

I think it probably is a scam. However looking at the text message, I see that it appears to come from the same account I have received genuine BOI communications in the past.

SparkRite

I think it probably is a scam. However looking at the text message, I see that it appears to come from the same account I have received genuine BOI communications in the past.
Indeed, you may well have, but I'll bet, never with links looking for information.

Leo

It's easy spoof the sender. If it's a credit card transaction, they will detail the amount and company name and ask you to reply with a Yes or No.

BOI repeatedly confirm that they will never send you a text containing a link.