BOI Special Saver Bonus Account - max. amount reduced.

Carmel

Just to say that I went to open a Special Saver Bonus Account with BOI yesterday and they told me that the maximum monthly amount allowed has been reduced from 1000e to 500e for people who didn't have their SSIA with BOI.

C

Had a look at the BOI SSBA account and I'm a bit confused by terms and conditions. ...

"A fixed rate of 4.00% (E.A.R.4.00%) is applied on your matured SSIA balance for the first three months, thereafter from months 4-18 you will receive the European Central Bank (ECB) rate. If you continue to save, the rate you will receive on any new savings (subject to limits) for the first 18 months will be the ECB rate plus 2.75%. This is currently a rate of 6.25% (E.A.R. 6.25%)."

Does this mean that after 3 months the old savings with be at ECB rate and new savings will be ECB + 2.75%??? or am i reading it wrong?

Thats what I was gathered too. I checked with an advisor in BOI who confirmed it.

Had a look at the BOI SSBA account and I'm a bit confused by terms and conditions. ...

"A fixed rate of 4.00% (E.A.R.4.00%) is applied on your matured SSIA balance for the first three months, thereafter from months 4-18 you will receive the European Central Bank (ECB) rate. If you continue to save, the rate you will receive on any new savings (subject to limits) for the first 18 months will be the ECB rate plus 2.75%. This is currently a rate of 6.25% (E.A.R. 6.25%)."

Does this mean that after 3 months the old savings with be at ECB rate and new savings will be ECB + 2.75%??? or am i reading it wrong?

Can you drip funds from the SSBA account into the new regular savings account

I think Carmel and Bobo are incorrect in what they say. As far as I know if you had an SSIA with any institution the maximum regular saving amount is still €1000 per month. Simply bring your letter of proof that you had an SSIA and the €1000 limit applies. If you never had an SSIA the €500 limit applies. Bobo -If you lodge your lump sum you will receive 4% for the first three months. From months 4 to 18 you will get the ECB rate, currently 3.5%. The 6.25% applies to the regular saver amount only.
I have noconnection with Bank of Ireland.

Back