BOI refused car finance

About as lucky as an alcoholic who gets bottles of whiskey for their birthday.

Having read through your replies again, I'm of the opinion that your spending has an addictive element.

It "makes you happy", you justify it by listing the things you don't do & that someone else is putting a roof over your head.

MIght be time to get some help.
I've been wondering that too. Spending all this money on clothes, but only goes to work and SuperValu. Are these places worth dressing up for?

I was wondering too if your husband could take out the car loan and you repay him €1000 a month?

With your large % of discretionary spending, you should in theory be able to buy a car for cash, if you had decided 5 years ago to save for a car. What if you want to change the car you are getting now for a new one in 5 years time, you should plan for that and start saving now.

Thanks, This is such a good way of thinking about things, I’ve never really thought about it like that. I live payslip to payslip but yes I must revise the figures this week and make sure I’m saving enough. I want to have some money leftover for school items and myself. I have to give notice to withdraw money so don’t want to be left short either.

I was wondering too if your husband could take out the car loan and you repay him €1000 a month?
I don’t think it’s a good idea to repay husband, I’d likely fall into bad habits. Plus we have no guarantee he’d get finance either from bank or pcp.

Back