BOI Lifetime Investment Plan

PATMAC

I'm currently paying €104.13 per month into this stock market driven plan. I have invested over €29,000 since 1993, have withdrawn approx €13,000. It is now only worth €4,400. It was worth €8,700 in 2003. It has obviously been severly affected by the stock market situation at the moment. Should I now cut my losses and cease the monthly payments? Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Should I now cut my losses and cease the monthly payments? Any advise would be greatly appreciated

The reason i asked about 2006 is, because id guess it was worth a heck of a lot more than it is now.

Personally, i think you would be mad to cash this in now. You have suceeded in getting this far through the recession without cashing it in. Now is not the time to do this. Dont cash this in and keep adding the monthly money. If you can afford to increase the amount you are contributing, as you are now buying units of the fund at a greatly reduced price.

the market will recover. Has always in the past and more likely will do in the future.

Back