It's also a mandatory requirement for a PPR mortgage with limited exceptions.it's worth nothing at the end but gives a lot of comfort in between, especially in the earlier years
It's also a mandatory requirement for a PPR mortgage with limited exceptions.it's worth nothing at the end but gives a lot of comfort in between, especially in the earlier years
True but I think it was all very casual at the time. We said we'd arrange our own and that was that as far as I can remember. Celtic Tiger in full roar at the time maybe?It's also a mandatory requirement for a PPR mortgage with limited exceptions.
PPR mortgage protection life insurance has been mandatory by law since 1995. Before that I think that it was effectively mandatory by policy on the part of lenders.True but I think it was all very casual at the time. We said we'd arrange our own and that was that as far as I can remember. Celtic Tiger in full roar at the time maybe?
In the UK in the 90s we did the same and we had to provide proof of the policy's existence which IIRC was what surprised me about that not being an issue here. Maybe an oversight on their part at a time when they were probably mad busy issuing loans. Not everything goes by the book alwaysBut borrowers were always free to shop around and were never tied to their mortgage lender for such insurance.