"BoI, ICS and AIB to increase SVRs by 0.5% in October"

It's just a rate alignment with other institutions . Quite clever actually. People were giving out about the difference in rates. Instead of dropping the rates they increased them inline. It's a tricky game the banks are playing with the svr. Surely this will only accelerate the rate of arrears.....But come on... They clearly don't care

The bank seems to be putting it around that they press released the interest rate rise but there is no indication of any press release having been issued on this on BoI's website. In addition, Charlie Weston made it clear in his article he wasn't relying on a press release distributed to all and sundry.

So if the bank did issue a press release, could they please put it up here.

I'm tired of being screwed by my bank of 30 years.

Just to confirm that the Ulster bank letter is dated the second week of September, and that it states the rate decrease will be from 1st Sept (ie before the date on the letter) but my monthly repayment will change from the 1st October. Same story with the February decrease.

I received my letter from BOI but the revised payment is shown as less than my existing payment. Presume it's bank error and that I will get another letter in due course.
I have written to BOI to query this and will update here if/when I receive a reply. Three weeks now since I wrote... I rang last week and was assured I should receive a reply 'in the coming days.'

Received a letter now telling me that my mortgage has been placed on fixed rate for a fixed term... I did not request a fixed rate/ term. My original queries were not answered at all. I will persevere.:mad:

Back