BoI giving me back my tracker

Tillymam

Hi All, just thought I'd try and spread a little optimism that things are moving along by letting you all know I received my letter from BOI today, my case is at the very start of this thread and I personally believe I was included in the 6000 recently identified accounts, for no other reason than had no success with helpline, everrrrrrr!!.

The general gist of the letter is BOI acknowledging my account was incorrectly denied a tracker rate once my fixed rate expired, this is to be rectified immediately and tracker of ECB +1.3% restored (I had repo rate of 1.3% stated in my original loan agreement).
Further communication regarding refund, redress and compensation will follow in the coming weeks by way of a letter where they will outline amount's, options etc.

I really and truly want to thank all of those that contribute on this site and for all the hard work gone on behind the scenes to keep the pressure on the banks.
Even though its only an acceptance of wrong doing by the bank for now for now I'm sitting here with a big fat grin on my face knowing it will all come to an end soon and that's down to all of those who rallied and forced the bullies into submission.
Thanks guys, hope you all see those letters trickling in soon!

I got mine back today too. Beyond delighted! And just to echo @Tillymam on thanking everyone for all their stellar efforts in helping make this a reality for many, many thousands of people. Vindication at last!

Delighted to hear somebody getting a resultCan I ask if u had previously been contacted before today??

I'd had no meaningful contact before. No admission of anything by BOI until today. Just fobbed off with the usual 60 day letters etc. etc.

No meaningful contact before today, just the usual calls I had to make to the helpline with a very uninterested bank personnel spouting a very unhelpful response giving me no indication of whether my account was impacted or not.
The only info I ever received was that my account was included in the review and that was apparently only because I had lodged a complaint.

We drew down our mortgage on a one year introductory rate, upon expiry we fixed for 1 year (had a tracker offered to us this year) one expiry of the 1 yr we fixed again for another 3 years, when this expired we were not offered a tracker, I did ring the bank at the time as my loan offer clearly stated that we would be entitle to repo rate of 1.3% for the life of the loan, however despite me protesting and they told me they no longer offered them as a product so I switched to their standard variable by default.
Hope this helps shed some light on your own case.

Delighted to hear that finally customers are been returned to their trackers. Padraic Kissane has worked unceasingly for nine years fighting this cause and without him the majority of people would not have got their trackers re-instated. I hope when you do get your cheques that you will ensure that Padraic receives his well earned fee also.

Glad to see people are getting letters, I wrote to BOI in April of this year and to date I have nothing only a standard letter say my case would be looked at and I ring every second day to be told still no update, I still don't think they will have everyone dealt with by year end as that's 3 weeks away as they wont be working from 24-2nd Jan ive no doubt, so annoying to be waiting and knowing im owed money ( at least I hope so )
considering not paying my Dec repayment!!!

Folks

Heard today when I rang that 5 of my mortgages are going back on tracker !!!
(one is not.. it is one that was restructured.. that's probably just administration)

My story :
  • started out on ICS variable
  • Switched to Tracker
  • Fixed
Meanwhile BOI took over and then they refused to return to tracker
By the way during the subsequent years the behaviour by BOI was appalling.
There were several meetings
They put me on 4.5% home loan and 5.6% investment.
We were inundated with phone calls demanding payment.

I have been a long time contributor here on AAM and I would first of all like to thank Padraic Kissane @PadKiss for his hard work and constant determination to see this issue through.

Also it seems the arrival of Francesca McDonagh made a big difference.

I am also awaiting news from an AIB tracker which surprises me it hasn't yet been restored.

But for now.. it's good news and thank you to everyone (@SaySomething @notabene @Brendan Burgess )

Regards,
MM

Last edited:
Just got letter from bank, going back on tracker rate of 1.25 from 3.1 effective immediately
Now they are calculating what we are owed and will b back to us .. happy days

Got my letter too. Back on tracker at +1.25%. Originally drew down mortgage in 05 on variable, switched to tracker in Feb 06 (unbeknownst to me, I didn't sign MFA and my original Loan offer doesn't state anything about tracker), fixed in 07 for 3 years until 2010. Fixed again for 2 years until 2012. Currently paying 4.35% and going down 1.25%. I assume will get redress back to 2010. Plus full amount went out of mortgage account this morn so thought I wasn't impacted but low and behold letter arrived in post today.

Was on fixed one year and then went on tracker but we panicked and chose fixed but when we came off fixed we were not offered a tracker in 2007 and we are owed for 10 years as we should have been offered a tracker at that time

Back