BOI Evergreen Funds

olsen1984

Any advice for someone who has since January of this year been putting 300 euro a month in the BOI Evergreen fund,should I stick with it or get out?

Any advice for someone who has since January of this year been putting 300 euro a month in the BOI Evergreen fund,should I stick with it or get out?

Its a long term unit linked fund doesnt make sense stop premiums now if you signed up on the basis that you thought the fund would perform for you over the longer term, also considering you are buying units monthly i feel you would be getting good value for your monthly contributions again this is for the long term 5 years + min.
Of course if you are not comfortable with risk then you perhaps you are not in the right type of savings plan, as your contribtions on these type of plans are not guaranteed at the end of the term.

I was putting money into that fund (Evergreen S4) from May 2007 until July. In the end, it was losing more than I was putting in each month. I wrote a little script to pull down the price every day and it was all downhill, so I cashed out (it's continued to fall - from 1.332 on 20th June to 1.071 on 15th October) I haven't regretted getting out, therefore, but if you think this is the bottom, then staying in mightn't be a bad option - who knows!

ATB,
A

can you continue the plan for more than 5 years if markets aren't healthy at the end of your saving term?

Well assumming it's a life product youve taken out, i take it that its a whole of life contract so in theory there is no set maturity date and you can pay in as long as you like, the long term nature of this type of savings contract/fund should allow you to smooth out the ups and downs of the markets over time, of course the unit price has fallen naturally as caculator has said, but this is taking a v short term view on the fund and people who track unit prices in this way are not suited to being invested in risk based products and should stick to deposit options as they are only looking for growth and are unable to comprehend the long term strategy and take on board the possible negative performance that these type of funds will experience in periods of uncertainty and negative growth, its dosent have to be at the bottom to justify continuing your savings.
The fact that the unit price has fallen at such an early time in a monthly premium product would be of no concern over a long term and could prove to be excellent value in the long run but no guarantee on this of course:rolleyes:

Back