Bank of Ireland BOI customers any update??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called yesterday too and was told that I should have already received my redress pack and that it was sent "some time ago". I haven't, received it so I've asked them to resend it.

I also got a letter from them in response to a letter I had sent them pre-empting my redress where they referred to contacting the Independent Secretariat if I wanted to appeal my redress/compensation. They noted it was an entirely separate body to Bank of Ireland.

I’ve also noted that I’m no longer getting the scripted apology when I call -I miss it! It was such a joy to hear it the first couple of times.

I’ve also noted that I’m no longer getting the scripted apology when I call -I miss it! It was such a joy to hear it the first couple of times.
With respect to the ppl working on the helpline. They don't have access to any info and just in general giving us a general reply.. so frustrating!!

Got my redress letter today folks. Delighted is an understatement. I had totally underestimated what I was due back in case I was disappointed. 10% compensation and €250 towards legal fees also. Hope Santa comes early for a lot you today too or over coming weeks :)

Got my redress letter today folks. Delighted is an understatement. I had totally underestimated what I was due back in case I was disappointed. 10% compensation and €250 towards legal fees also. Hope Santa comes early for a lot you today too or over coming weeks :)
Wacko
That's great news for you.
Can I ask the terms of your case? And when you initially discovered you were part of the redress? When did u get ur letter confirming you were affected and returning to a tracker rate

Wacko
That's great news for you.
Can I ask the terms of your case? And when you initially discovered you were part of the redress? When did u get ur letter confirming you were affected and returning to a tracker rate

I got my letter about 2 weeks ago saying I was returning to tracker. Fixed in 07 for 3 years. Fixed again in 2010 for 2 years. On variable since 2012 at 4.35%. Got redress back to 2010 and tracker at +1.25%

I got my letter about 2 weeks ago saying I was returning to tracker. Fixed in 07 for 3 years. Fixed again in 2010 for 2 years. On variable since 2012 at 4.35%. Got redress back to 2010 and tracker at +1.25%
Great news. Hopefully mine is on the way too as I got my letter two weeks ago also..

Delighted for you @WackoJacko !!! yeah that's brilliant news !! We are all like kids waiting on Santa !!! I rang them again yesterday and was told they are confidant the redress letters will be issued by 28/12/2017.

Wacko, can I ask if you had a tracker from the start or did you start on a fixed rate?

I started on variable in Sept 05, moved to tracker in Feb 06, fixed in April 07 for 3 years.

Why are some of us BOI put back on tracker of 1.25% and others 1.3% ??

I assume it's to do with what was specified on your original Loan offer. What was the going rate at the time etc

My redress letter arrived today.. to say I'm delighted is an under statement
Owed money from 2012-2017 which has been paid plus €1200 compensation

Looks promising for u
Mine ended in 2007 so I've 10 year overcharge to be refunded

Maunie I thought you said you were owed 10 years(2007 to 2017) but they only paid you from 2012 to 2017? I presume the compensation you received was as expected i.e. 10%?

I'm curious to what point the redress starts from i.e. from the time you come off your first fixed rate when you should've been put back on tracker? I'm impacted as well and still waiting for my letter. I've received a letter to say I've been put back on a tracker at 0.85% however everyday I call the helpline they've no idea when the redress letter will be sent out.

I got my letter today I got a big amount but only from 2010 which is confusing me as we should have gone back to 2006 anyone know why it only goes back to 2010 please ?

Minners. When did your fixed rate end(assuming you were on a fixed rate). I came off my fixed rate in Jan 2009 so I expect the redress to start from their rather from when I signed upto the fixed rate in Jan 2007.

On the amount you received, when you say a big amount was it in excess of 50k? I ask as that’s what I expect to get based on a mortgage of 300k and being overcharged from 2009 at approx 3% overcharge per year

Does anyone know up the principal amount is affected by the redress or does it stay the same.?
I only ask as there is no reference to it in pack sent out

The refund is made up of over payment of interest plus compensation plus financial adviser

There is an option to take the refund

Or credit your mortgage account

I don't see option to take the compensation and pay down the mortgage by the overpayment

But once get the full amount you can do whatever you want with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back