BOI Current account opening

creditworthy

Good morning,
I applied for a current account with BOI for the purposes of opening a fixed term and regular savings accounts.
I will not be switching from AIB .
I received information from BOI stating that I will receive my IBAN in a few days and also the link to begin the switching process ...can I skip that part and just operate a,second current account with BOI ,
Thank you.

You don’t have to use BOI’s switching process. Even if you would want to move your day to day banking, the switching process doesn’t provide significant benefits over doing things manually.

Good morning ,
I opened a BOFI current account but am experiencing difficulty with opening a Super Saver account . I cannot complete the process as it says my phone may not be registered ( which it is ) or there may be internet issues ( which there isn`t !) . Already this is proving to be a prehistoric experience , I`ll plough on as I don`t want to leave money earning very little interest with AIB ) . Could anyone suggest what might be wrong ?
Thnank you very much .

"it isn't you, it is them".
I have no help for you but "thoughts and prayers".

BOI banking experience is probably the worst of the three local banks that are left.
Eventually, things might work. Or not

I wasn't using the app but was working online ...just wouldn't allow me to proceed as it said my phone may not be registered....it is !
Thank you for the replies so far .

Have you got the app installed and does it work for you ? This would be proof that it was registered.

Yes, it's installed and working alright .
Well then your phone is registered. That is beyond dispute. You could try opening the account from within the app on your phone. Log on, click on apply in the bottom right hand corner and scroll down to Super Saver. If that doesn’t work then you need to call BOI. Sadly, their systems are held together with string and sellotape and it’s not unusual to experience issues such as this. Hope you get it resolved. Or consider an alternative. These accounts aren’t all that great anyway.

If I was you I would avoid BOI like the plague. I was in a branch yesterday because I have a regular saver issue K as they call it which transferred from the excellent KBC. All I can say is its a disaster dealing with them, rude and ignorant staff, impossible to withdraw by electronic funds transfer unless I open a new current account despite having their very poor app which was broken yesterday for many BOI customers. I closed my Current a/c with them. Best move I ever made. I was actually traumatised / shaking and very annoyed after dealing with them yesterday such was the poor customer service and downright rudeness in dealing with them.

Hi Creditworthy. I wonder could it be an issue with the phone you are using to access the BOI App?
That the operating system is too old or not up to date.

I checked and my phone is Android 14, BOFI website says it needs 11 or higher so phone is ok. I will go into the bank on Monday, if no help available, I'll just close the account, they'll be losing out on my Fixed Term Deposit also then !! Thank you for replies .

There was a problem with the BOI app a few days ago for a substantial number of their customers.

Back