BOI cashback now limited to FTB?

luckystar

Just double checking that BOI cashback offer was extended past June and see now it states its only for first time buyers?!

@luckystar

Where are you seeing that??

'3% Cashback is 2% Cashback paid on all new mortgages drawn down by 31st December 2019 plus an additional 1% in 5 years for First Time Buyers, Movers and Switchers who have a Bank of Ireland current account, subject to meeting the conditions of the mortgage.'

This is what I read..,

Get up to 3% Cashback

Getting into your new home is great, but then you realise you need furniture and a new set of plates. This is when the Cashback Plus comes in handy.

• Get 2% of your new mortgage back as cash after you draw down your mortgage
  • Plus as a special ‘thank you’, if you have a Bank of Ireland current account, we will give you an additional 1% of your mortgage back in cash in five years’ time (subject to meeting the conditions of the mortgage).
This offer is available to first-time buyers who draw down their new mortgage by 31st December 2019.

It's very misleading. And confusing; all at once!

Hopefully your copied paragraphs are more correct than mine!!

Ah, I see that now. Weird - That's the only place it says it. If you click on the terms and conditions just below that you'll see the full conditions.

It's a bit unclear but the section luckystar has copied relates to the 'Cashback Plus' ie 3% cashback offer which is only available to First Time Buyers. The next paragraph which was not copied provides a link to the 2% cashback offer that's not restricted in this way.

Llgon looks like the cashback plus isn't limited to FTB ers either! T&C's for cashback plus;

You use your mortgage loan to buy a home in the Republic of Ireland to live in yourself (as a First Time Buyer or Mover) or if you switch your mortgage loan to us from another lender (outside the Bank of Ireland Group) by re-mortgaging the house you live in AND

Back