Boden Heath or Knocklyon Gate?

D

db7

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on which would be a better buy? An apartemnet in Boden Heath, Rathfarnham or Knocklyon Gate, Knocklyon?

Are you buying to live in or as a buy to let?

I'd probably go for Boden Heath as its a more mature area. Also if your buying new your saving on stamp duty. Knocklyon Gate is a nice development. As its right on the Knocklyon/Firhouse border so prices tend to be a good bit less than developments on the other side of Knocklyon. Boden Heath is close to the halting site but I don't think thats a big issue. But it all comes down to money. Are you looking at a one bed or a two bed. I think that Ros Mor View is the nicest development in the area and if you could get an apartment there I'd definitely choose it over either Knocklyon Gate or Boden Heath. Garthy Wood also looks nice.

I agree with southsideboy, definitely would choose Boden Heath over Knockyon Gate. I have seen a few proprties in Knocklyon Gate that took months even up to a year or more to sell.
I think Boden Heath is lovely, I viewed the show apts when they were on view and they were very nice indeed.
Aslo Ros Mor is very nice too and is very private.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Its to buy a one bed apt, both are top floor. Views from balcony in Gate were great but I guess location is more important so going to go for Boden Heath. Once again thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

db7

I would advise against Garthy wood. I watched that development being built for the past 2 years and was shocked at what I saw.

They forgot to put draining pipes on one side of the apartment block and as a result there were major damp patches up the walls from the ground floor apartment. They eventually fixed it after 3 months but I reckon the damage has already been done.

I would go for ros mor. Only thing is when we went to view them when they first launched a couple of years ago the noise from the traffic outside was loud. However, the size and finish was excellent and their price at the time reflected that. I recall them being sold for over €400k whereas at the time you could buy a house in Woodstown for €370k.

Boden Heath apartments are really nice and the parking seems to be great.I really liked the finish on them as well.

Stocking wood are going have apartments and there are also ones being built at the moment in Airpark.. however Boden Heath and Ros Mor would be better located and closer to shops and bus routes.

Just writing back to say your suspicions about Garthy Wood are right. Viewed an apartment there and it was terrible, literally the worst planned property i've ever seen and I reckon the structural quality is poor. A friend's parents viewd the houses built with garthy wood and said they were poorly planned as well. Agree that Ros Mór is nice but unfortunately its just a little bit over budget. Thanks for the advice.

Question for parkviewbuye,

re development garthy wood suffering damp patches, could you please tell me which block did this happen to?

there are two blocks the block closest the superquinn or the one nearest the rookery estate.

thanks,

ff

Just writing back to say your suspicions about Garthy Wood are right. Viewed an apartment there and it was terrible, literally the worst planned property i've ever seen and I reckon the structural quality is poor. A friend's parents viewd the houses built with garthy wood and said they were poorly planned as well. Agree that Ros Mór is nice but unfortunately its just a little bit over budget. Thanks for the advice.

db7 if you had done any research you would know that there are many different styles of apartment sold in garthy wood. true there are a couple that are not great and hense have not sold yet. the rest were sold months ago. in relation to damp problem this is also a silly as you get a ten year strucural guarantee. new build people?????

I stood across from that development every morning while waiting for a bus and it was shocking to see some of the things that went on. The chuckle brothers would have had a laugh.

The windows are still slightly open from when they were painting the interiors. I even noticed one last week !

They forgot to put the drain pipes up on one side of the block and as a result all the rain water flowed down the walls.

After 6 mths a smaller pipe appeared but the damage had already been done.. the wall is still discoloured.

Also, small holes in the walls are still there....

are you a builder? rain does tend to flow down walls when its raining. its when it flows down inside the wall through insulation cavity that you have a problem?????? re windows open. there is still painting going on as snag lists are being done.

are you a builder? rain does tend to flow down walls when its raining. its when it flows down inside the wall through insulation cavity that you have a problem?????? re windows open. there is still painting going on as snag lists are being done.

Im just saying what I saw.

Im well aware rain runs down walls but if the drains had been properly put up from the beginning it wouldnt have ran down the walls for as long as it did.

The windows have been open since July. Again, just something I noticed.

Back