BMW 318 Coupe

C

Car-Buyer

I've seen a BMW 318 coup on sale (private)...2003. I rang the seller and its got quite a few extras including the m pack, and cruise control. The price seems OK at €26,600 but the mileage looks a little high at 68k miles.

Am I mad to consider buying a car with this mileage.....the price looks ok though

Re: BMW 318 Coup

thats huge mileage, I'd expect it on a 5-6 yo car, ask yourself would you pay 26.6K for the same car if it was 5-6 yo? if the answer is yes then go for it.

Theres a 2003 318 coupe with 36,000 mls on the clock for 26500 euros in limerick ......check carzone

Got mine 00 with FBMWSH from a main dealer with 32k on it. 24k with 1 yr warrantee it even covered a flat tyre a while ago!

is it the facelift model? Seems pretty cheap for a 03.
Ive recently bought 318ci sports with only 40k, facelift model with M-kit and 18"Evos.
€35000. Not mark on it inside and out and six months parts and labour included.

Mileage seems a little high but wouldnt ut me off depending on SH and overall condition of the car.
If it wasnt the mileage to complian about - it would be the year of the car. There's always a winge and a moan when buying the "perfect car". Doesnt happen.

Get an independent mechanic to check out the car if you're worried. It's what's under the bonnet that matters....not the year or mileage (unless your main concern is selling on later)

I have a 2002 Nissan Primera car with 21,000 miles on it. I have been looking around at new cars with a view to trading in my Primera bit it is the year they look at as opposed to the mileage. One sales man told me I didnt realy need a car considering the low mileage I do. Then again if the mileage was very high they would use that against me so I think you cannot win.

Back