BMW 316i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nationaldude

Hi All,

Yesterday two signal lights came on the dash with a beep, one symbol is an orange triangle with and exclamation mark in it and an orange circle with and arrow around it, the other is an orange exclamation mark in a circle enclosed in brackets, anybody got an idea what these mean?

It's an 04 and I only bought it 8 weeks ago.

Thanks.

an orange triangle with and exclamation mark in it and an orange circle with and arrow around it

This is a warning that the traction control or DSC (dynamic stability control) has been turned off and is no longer active.

an orange exclamation mark in a circle enclosed in brackets

This one is to do with the handbrake.

Advice is to bring car to a reputable garage as soon as possible and get them to run a diagnostic check on it. One common issue is the steering angle sensor which needs to be reset... but it could be anything really.

Thanks RonanC,

One more quick question, would you reckon this fault would be covered by my 3 months parts & labour warranty?

Thanks RonanC,

One more quick question, would you reckon this fault would be covered by my 3 months parts & labour warranty?

It depends on what the fault is. Usually it is a case of just resetting that particular sensor by deleting the fault code on diagnostics. Did you change tyres or brakes recently or have any work done on tracking/alignment?

No, I only bought it 8 weeks ago, hence the limited knowledge of what the symbols mean.

I'll get it looked at and see what the outcome is.

Thanks again.

You might have just turned off your traction control.

If I remember correctly the button is on the lowest row of the centre console. Just above the gear stick.

Thanks jhegarty I reset the DSC and the lights went off, happy days.

Squonk the car is second hand and there was no manual with it, I have tried to look up different things online but as it's my first BMW I couldn't understand most of it.

I apologise if I have wasted any of your time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back