Bluestone Asset Managment.

Ron_Goulding

Hi all,

Just looking for a spot of advice re. Bluestone asset management. A few years back when Halifax pulled out, I defaulted on a credit card debt of 5K due personal circumstances. I was unable to pay this card and I had to prioritise what to pay so I chose mortgage and personal loan to repay.

I am living in Germany and have been for a number of years. Halifax marked my credit rating as a revoked credit card. It's actually due to be removed early next year. I have been advised that this bluestone asset company are sending letters to my old address in Ireland stating that they now own the debt and I must pay in full? I am not really willing to even talk to this company since I never entered an agreement for anything with them. My credit rating has already been ruined.

Someone told me that they cannot chase this debt after 6 years unless I acknowledge it. Can I just ignore them? Who are they and can they get a judgment against me if I do not contact them? By the sounds of the letters they are scare mongering chancers who are trying to get me to pay them at least some of the debt that I presume they purchased for a song. The letter states that they will accept a lower amount as payment.

In short should I ignore them and hope they go away, or should I contact them. I am not in a position to pay a lump sum to these people. This is a very old debt and I am surprised they have waited this long to contact me.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think it's correct to call them scare mongering chancers, they own your debt and are trying to recoup it. You're best bet is to ignore them. They obviously think you are in Ireland, why don't you get the person receiving the letters to mark them - 'person unknown, return to sender' , they should not be opened. If it's your parents house mark them, 'return to sender'.

Next step will probably be a registerd letter to you, this should also be refused.

Back