Blinds - Venetian 25mm or 16mm Slats

DACMAN

Hi,
I need to decide between 16 & 25mm slat size for venetian blinds, they're for a conservertory, I was going with the smaller slat but maybe the larger size might be more suitable for the larger conservertory window opening's, I'd appreciate if anyone with first hand expierence would comment.
BTW going to buy on-line from clickforblinds.com

Thanks

Hi Dacman,

Its purely a matter of preference but the 16mm would seem to be very narrow. Can't offer any advice on conservatory windows but measuring ours on ordinary windows the 16 looks very narrow as compared to the 25 that we have.

Hi Dacman (hope you don't mind me cutting into your post) - I am looking at getting venetian blinds for a couple of the windows at the front of the house - have you done much shopping around? Are clickforblinds.com good value in your opinion - anyone on AAM used these before and are they good quality/value?

Thx Sueellen, I think I'll go for the 25mm.
Rebelman,
See the "Blinds" sticky at the start of this forum, clickforblinds 40% cheaper than b4i.ie, you can order samples to check quality but I'd expect aluminium venetian to be pretty similar quality wherever you source them from.

I'd advise going for 25mm min. We have 50mm wide slats on ours, and find that the blinds do block a lot of light coming in even when angled open, so 25mm slats would have twice the amount of slats, therefore block even more light.

Hi Dacman. We have 25mm timber slats in our conservatory and work fine. The light is good during the day when open at a slight angle and close up well at night so there are no peeping toms spying on you!!!! I think the company we used had a 35mm slat also available which might be OK too. I think 50mm looked very big on the sample I seen. I would be interested in an easy way to clean the dust off them though!!!!!

I would be interested in an easy way to clean the dust off them though!!!!!

I would be interested in someone who will clean the dust off ours :D Argos have gadget but its a very slow and tedious job.

There are a few previous threads here on cleaning blinds.

I use the Aldi fluffy dusters to clean mine.

Close them completely, run the duster down the face of the blind, (cleaning half of the slats),
close the blind the other way and get someone to pull the blind away from the window, and run the duster down the inside of the blind. (cleaning the other half of the slats)

I can clean a full blind (1.4m x 1m) in this manner in less than 2 minutes. As opposed to the old way of using a Pledge Wipe to wipe each slat :eek: taking a lot longer to do.

Back