Black Friday

It's brilliant. I got all my xmas pressies last yr (incl for the kids), mostly on Amazon. Delivered to the door at prices way below Smyths or Argos for example here.

Doing the same this year and the bargains have been going great. Booked my summer holiday accomm in France through eurocamp's sale the other day at over €1k less than the quote for last year. Bring it on

Is there anything to this Black Friday thing?
I have a few friends who are retailers in a county town (electrical symbol, and jewelers). The Black Friday is very disruptive to them as it forces them to offer deep discounts on the run in to Christmas when they would be expected to make the sales in any case.

It's brilliant. I got all my xmas pressies last yr (incl for the kids), mostly on Amazon. Delivered to the door at prices way below Smyths or Argos for example here.

Doing the same this year and the bargains have been going great. Booked my summer holiday accomm in France through eurocamp's sale the other day at over €1k less than the quote for last year. Bring it on
Yes Eurocamp great value but with the earls grown up, not for me. Savings of €600 on holiday in Canaries in February for me and the duchess are available.

I have a few friends who are retailers in a county town (electrical symbol, and jewelers). The Black Friday is very disruptive to them as it forces them to offer deep discounts on the run in to Christmas when they would be expected to make the sales in any case.
Retailers need to get support from their suppliers and plan it months in advance.

If done properly it can be a very lucrative week with both the retailers and consumers happy. - but very very very tired

Back