Bits of grey in hair even after highlights

Jessica Derm

Hi

I always seem to have short grey hairs under my fringe even shortly after getting my highlights. They seem to just appear. Does anyone know if there is something that I could use to keep me going until I get my highlights done again? Something like a pen thingy rather than a box colour. Regards JD

You can buy a pencil type colouring thing for your hair similar to the shape of a lipstick from good chemist shops. They come in different colours.

Have no real suggestions for the meantime but next time you to the hairdressers you should ask your hairdresser to do an all over colour on you to cover up the grey as highlights are not great for covering up grey hair. You can still get some highlights over it then to break it up and still give it that highlighted look. Will last you a lot longer and will be cheaper on your pocket:).

You can buy a pencil type colouring thing for your hair similar to the shape of a lipstick from good chemist shops. They come in different colours.

Roux Tween Time colour stick is probably what Marietta is referring to. They are ok for small sections but wash out and need to be renewed each time you wash your hair.

I wouldn't be a fan of the 10 minute hair colours that a lot of people use to do their roots because I feel it is too harsh on your scalp. Ordinary hair colours are bad enough.

Sue Ellen - I sometimes use this and it does the job, they really isnt much of an alternative. I think the product is very expensive in comparison to the ordinary full packs of hair colours.

Have no real suggestions for the meantime but next time you to the hairdressers you should ask your hairdresser to do an all over colour on you to cover up the grey as highlights are not great for covering up grey hair. You can still get some highlights over it then to break it up and still give it that highlighted look. Will last you a lot longer and will be cheaper on your pocket:).

I agree. Get a base overall colour close to and to compliment your natural hair colour. Then get your normal highlights and/or lowlights. This is all done by your hairdresser in the same sitting and takes about a half hour longer than highlights alone.
It looks much better when it is professionally done and has a more 'natural' look than over the counter colours.:)

Back