Birthday Party Venue in/near Bray

CAA

Slightly off topic, but can't figure out where else to post it...

Can anyone recommend a venue to throw a birthday party in or near Bray some Saturday night in April - 40-60 guests aged 30-50. Looking for a pub/hotel/alternative with a bit of atmosphere, finger food and drinks available, casual but lively. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

the esplanade is lovely. nice food , smaillish enough function room , if not try ther ramada !

The Martello has a function room that's nice for a birthday. Been at a couple of parties there.

the martello is really nice, i've been to a few parties there too

Barracuda has a function area for about that number. We had my mother-in-laws 60th birthday there back in November and it worked out great.

the esplanade is lovely. nice food , smaillish enough function room , if not try ther ramada !

I second that. My sister got married recently and the reception was in the Esplanade. The food was gorgeous. My only complaint was that the function room was too small for the crowd in it. You would be pushing it if you had more than 140 people !

Hi all. I just wanted to report that I took the advice of a few posters above and held the party at the Martello Pub/Tower Bistro in Bray. When I originally booked, the manager told me over the phone that they could host up to 50 people and do finger food. When I asked how much it would cost, he said there was "no charge" because they would make money off drinks. The party was going well until about 11pm, when the staff presented me with a bill for nearly 500 euro!! The manager claimed that he had told me over the phone there would be a charge of 10euro/head for what amounted to 6 plates cocktail sausages and other fried finger foods! The night ended in a huge argument between myself and 3 staff members with them calling me a liar, scam artist and using foul language toward myself and my friends. - A pretty upsetting way to end a birthday party...

For anyone who is considering holding an event at the Martello Tower Bistro in the future, I highly recommend you get something in writing when you book! At 10 euro/person for mediocre finger food though, you'd be better off going somewhere else as there are plenty of pubs that will throw in finger food for free or a minimal charge in exchange for the 1000s of euros in drink that they can make off of a large group.

Traumatised CAA

Back