Bins - DLRCC (bins might be heavy)

mro

I have just moved to Dun Laoghaire and i need help choosing bins. The link on the dlrcc website sends me to a list of supplies for Dublin City so half of them dont do dlrcc.
Is Panda the only supplier? Nearly all neighbours have panda bins.
I have never had bins before, we used bin bags in previous house, so i dont know what is the best for me. My worry is we have 2 kids in nappies so we'll have fairly heavy bins but i have no clue of how heavy, so will the charges per kilo kill me? Is there an option of only paying per lift (no kilo charges) with anyone.

thanks for your help.
I have googled and searched in here but cant find anything

The charges are here...
[broken link removed]

So a nappy laden bin (60-70kg) would be over 20 euros,!

I'm in DLR and use Greenstar, mostly decent service. Don't think any of them do a non-weight bin.

I've used Panda for years now. Never had any trouble with them. They recently put their prices up. They wrote to us explaining how their costs have escalated and it had gotten to a point that they couldn't carry it anymore so had to pass it on.

As for the nappies, it's just another price that comes with kids. Nothing you can do with it.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Thanks Steven,
I know i just wanted to check i was not missing something as i thought i found a supplier that did a per lift charge only but cant find it anymore

I'm with Panda too and find the per kilo charge a pain with nappies like you. So far this year they have lifted nearly 700kg so costing me €290 for 7 months. There is no alternative as Greenstar don't do my area in D.14.

Back