Bin Charges - Dublin 12

Tarad

I bought a house in Drimnagh last year and moved in end Spetember. Heard nothing re bin charges by end November so contacted council who said our solicitor had not informed them of change of ownership and therefore they were still billing previous owners. Contacted our solicitor who forwarded a letter to Council stating notice of change of ownership was the sellers solicitors reponsibility and also provided date we had taken ownership. Have not heard from Council in two months. Can anyone advise where we stand?

We bought a house in Crumlin and tried on several occasions to contact the council. Wrote a letter as well but never heard anything back. We haven't paid bin charges in 2 years! I know that Joan Collins had been campaigning against bin charges, which I disagree with, so unless there still are none in the area?

Yeah, and that Joan Collins actually went to school with someone called Lynda Evans....

The bill only gets issues every three months... I moved to Drimnagh and had that sorted in no time, but the solicitor notified the council pretty much straight away. Only thing you can do is ring and ask and if there's no progress I would get onto the seller's solicitor.

Back