billpay.ie view&pay service problem

P

pipzU

billpay.ie view&pay service problem

it would seem that my payments on bill pay for the last 3 months have not been received by the relevant companies although the money had left my account

also i havnt received a bill since beginning of august

have other people had such problems?

I registered with Billpay.ie when it first started but the account never worked properly and support were unable to help. I gave up and started using my online banking to pay bills instead.

Same with me clubman. I filled in the the forms and got the stuff back in the post. Never got the account to work. I got fed up and decided to use my online banking; have never looked back.

I got it working in the past and used it for a few months, but once NIB provided online banking, I've given Billpay a miss.

billpay would not accept a credit card payment for my eircom account. Not much point in having an internet paying system that doesnt take credit cards. They said it was eircom policy not theirs. Still end result the same. Never used it

I know my username and password only I forgot my account number so have never logged in.

I have used www.billpay.ie to pay all my bills for several years now.

I have had occasion to email or telephone the customer support once or twice, and have always found them to be very professional and helpful.

The Customer Support details (from the BillPay site) are:

Customer Support

For queries in relation to the use of BillPay.ie, please contact our customer support team at 1890 61 71 71 (lines are open from 9am to 5:30pm, Mon-Fri) or e-mail us at [email protected] [email protected]).

I have had occasion to email or telephone the customer support once or twice, and have always found them to be very professional and helpfull

Lucky you. I queried why one of my accounts didn't appear on my original account and ended up with two, neither of which worked properly. Support were unable to help further so I gave up and started using online banking instead.

Support were unable to help further...

Sounds odd - they were always willing to help if I rang.

I haven't had occasion to ring the customer support in a while.

Just curious - was your problem recent?

Just curious - was your problem recent?

No - I originally registered whenever the service was launched. My most recent problem dated from about six months ago. Billpay just seemed like too much hassle and an extra unnecessary level of indirection compared to using online banking to pay bills. That's why I eventually ditched it.

Billpay just seemed like too much hassle and an extra unnecessary level of indirection compared to using online banking to pay bills.

Well, each to his own, as they say.

I actually prefer the level of indirection - I have one Direct Debit mandate on file with my bank, which allows me to pay all my bills using BillPay.ie. I can also use my Laser card without requiring a mandate.

I plan to switch bank in the New Year and the BillPay.ie facility will make it easier for me to pay my bills from a new bank account, without having to change multiple mandates.

I also like the central bill history feature - I used this to track how much eircom had fleeced me before I finally decided to switch telco (to EsatBT).

I actually prefer the level of indirection - I have one Direct Debit mandate on file with my bank, which allows me to pay all my bills using BillPay.ie. I can also use my Laser card without requiring a mandate.

By using online banking I avoid the need for direct debits or standing orders altogether and maintain full control over cashflow. This suits me better.

I also like the central bill history feature - I used this to track how much eircom had fleeced me before I finally decided to switch telco (to EsatBT).

I keep paper copies myself.

As you say - each to his/her own.

Back