Bill Pay Upgrade issue

dustie

I moved to meteor 5 months ago to a new phone and the Smart 50 plan which i'm paying €38 a month for (got discount instore) its 400mins, 400 texts, 2GB data.
However as I dont have any other family members on Meteor I found out fast that I needed more minutes on my plan (my bill has been 80-90 euros for last 3 months). So I contacted Meteor about an upgrade. They are currently advertising an unlimited deal of €49 per month. But they are telling me that this is a lower plan than what I'm currently on. If I want this an unlimited plan I have to pay €80 per month. Somehow they think moving from 38 to 49 euros a month is downgrading and wont allow it.

Its so frustrating as i've been onto customer service a few times trying to sort out a solution. They tell me a different story each time! I dont mind paying up to 60euros a month, but 80 is just wrong when the same service is being advertised for 49.

Did anyone have similar experience? Any recommendations?

While you say its paying more than your current plan ie going from 38 to 49, your actually wrong because you have been paying 80 - 90 for the last 3 months. They know they will be down money as you go over your package limit.
Solution would be if any of your family/friends are on unlimited packages to get them to ring you back. If you have a smart phone get an app that allows free calls or texts like viber.

Well I cant continue to pay 80-90 per month. I've tried using Viber but the quality of voice calls is very poor. I've been thinking of getting a pay as go you phone or 30day SIM only contract for about 20 a month for rest of calls but this just seems like a lot of work.

I moved to meteor 5 months ago to a new phone and the Smart 50 plan which i'm paying €38 a month for (got discount instore) its 400mins, 400 texts, 2GB data.
?

What would your current plan cost without the discount you got instore?

Back