BIK free Child care

G

goodnotgreat

I'd be interested in your opinion.

My wife, who has been working in the home since the birth of our last child, has been offered work. Of course the cost of child care makes this a complex situation, she would need to earn 44k gross just to have enough nett to pay for a nanny/crèche. Could we approach as follows?.

My wife starts a company providing services in her area of expertise. She is the only employee to start with, she provides services to the company in question and bills them accordingly.

She establishes a crèche for the provision of childcare to all company employees, it appears that employees would not incur BIK on this service provided criteria detailed in tax legislation are complied with. In this case the first 24k of company income would go to pay the on site child care provider. Any other income would be subject to relevant procedures. You can see that the cost of job market entry falls greatly in this model. Is the something I'm missing?

I've looked at the cost of establishing the crèche and the barriers to entry are fairly low.

If she is not a legitimate sub-contractor to her 'employer' (i.e. the company she is billing for her services), Revenue may deem her to be employed and will tax her accordingly.

Back