Big Apple

LimerickMan

Hi there, travelling to New York with my girlfriend for 6 nights (Dec 26th - Jan 1st) and hoping to get a hotel for €1000 max. Can anyone recommend a good place to stay? Hoping to stay as close to the centre of things as my budget will allow.
Many Thanks.

I'm just back a couple of days. I stayed here.
Its in a cool location and cost me 219euro per night - i've no idea if that was for the room or per person. But its close to all the things you need to see. Walkable pretty much everywhere.

im just back from new york :( me and my boyfriend stayed in the pod hotel for 5 nights and it cost just under €1200 but that was booking direct from them, its cheaper through expedia i think. very nice place,we got the queen room with our own bathroom and there was plenty of room for us. times square is about a 20 min walk away and there is a subway nearby, lexington ave. check it out on trip advisor.

enjoy

You are going to find it hard pushed to find somewhere very central for that money. New Year is peak time.

This place http://www.thepodhotel.com/ is coming in around $1,680 (€1,253) for those dates and I think that's a pretty great rate to be honest. It's 4/5 on Tripadvisor.

This place is cheaper and is also 4/5 on Tripadvisor works out at $1,381 (€1,030) for those dates. It's downtown on east 17th between 2nd and 3rd avenue.

This place is cheaper, but further downtown [broken link removed] but you have to mail them to get a quote.

I'm going in December for 5 nights and we're staying at the [broken link removed] mainly because it's so central. It's working out at about €920 in total, but, for your dates, it's about €1,412 because of the extra night and the fact that it's new years eve.

Have a look at asiarooms.com. Used them for the first time last week to book a hotel in London for October. I see good things said about them on the net and a work colleague has used them also.

A 3 nt stay in a double room (inc breakfast) cost me 635euro with them as opposed to around 730 with hotels.com.

Have no connection with the company.

We've stayed at Hilton Embassy Suites (not too expensive... probably €280 to €300 per night for a two room suite), one block from Ground Zero, near Century 21, J&R Electronics, Wall St, Tribeca, SoHo, Greenwich Village and a short walk from Battery Park where you get the ferry to Statue Of Liberty & Ellis Island. Good sized suites, great breakfasts, clean and modern. Not near Time Square, but, you cannot be near everything in NYC. Subway is one block away.

[broken link removed]
Google maps:-
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...003357&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=image
Tripadvisor reviews (read the reviews by Irish travellers):-

have you thought about using priceline.com? worth googling people's experience of it and how to use it - i recently got a hotel in centre of San Fran for 50% of the price quoted on the other hotel reservation sites

Have stayed in Fitzpatrick's, Manhattan, over the New Year a few years ago. Lovely to stay in and location is excellent, :) but obviously you will be staying at peak time and prices will be higher than usual - I just checked and it would come to around €1600, so maybe a bit above your budget. Can be f r e e z i n g cold at that time so be sure to wrap up well if you are going to Times Sq on NY Eve.

Back